So you've been thinking about hosting your next dinner party but don't know what to serve? One great way is by creating signature cocktails for the day. These small touches will make all of those festivities at home extra special, and one drink that can easily elevate any event!
The recipe below comes from Kanvas Executive Chef Crystal Powell who graciously shared it with us on behalf of our readers here in this blog post - Cinnamon Smash Bourbon. Even though this is best suited as a fall cocktail, you could easily serve this all year round if that's what flavor profile suits your fancy more--I think everyone should try these delicious cinnamon smash!
Cinnamon Smash Bourbon Recipe
- 2 oz Bourbon Whisky
- 1 dash orange bitter
- 1 tsp maple cinnamon syrup
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 thin sliced oranges
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tsp cinnamon spice
1. In cocktail shake, combine the bourbon whisky, orange juice, bitters and syrup. Shake well.
2. In a chilled old fashion glass, rim the glass with orange and cinnamon spice.
3. Add to two pieces of ice and pour cocktail mixture into glass.
4. Top with a torched rosemary and thin slice of orange.
And if you're really about setting the perfect presentation for your guests, make sure to have these drinks with our Desert Heat Collection Set!